Technological Nourishment

Computing tips? Perhaps... Programming and Web Design? I'll certainly try...

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Nike+iPod

Just seen the news about this latest innovation from Apple (oh and Nike as well). Apparently its some kind of pedometer/broadcasting unit that fits in the sole of your Nike shoe and sends information back to your iPod.

Sounds like a good idea I guess. I was initially worried that the "wireless" feature would be illegal in the UK... what with our bizarre broadcasting laws and all! But luckily its in the 2.4GHz range and so has no legal problems.

Its not been released yet, but I don't think it will be too long a wait. There's a couple of sites where you can glean some more info:

  • Nike+ Site - which is nice and fancy but generally rather useless and contains next to no real information
  • Apple's site - quite a bit more detail and tech info to be found here
One thing I would say is that Nike haven't really done themselves that many favours with me with their movie clip... the American computerised voice is already getting on my nerves... hmmm... I wonder if they'll put in the option to change the accent (or language for that matter) of the voice?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home